Free Meditation Retreats?
What are Meditation Retreats?
Meditation Retreats bring together like-minded individuals, creating an energy and community where one’s meditation practice and inquiry into Life can further deepen and become firmly established. Many meditation retreats allow you to go deeper with your meditation practice and to explore specific topics of meditation in more detail while at the same time offering you a chance to gain a deeper understanding of the process of self-transformation and growth. Retreats are also a time for rest and renewal, when people can relax, walk and enjoy the scenery of wherever they are.
Meditation retreats are generally designed for all levels from beginners to teachers and for those who have never meditated but are curious to begin. Meditation retreats are like a full-immersion course through which you learn how to live in the present and become more spiritually aware of yourself and the universe.
Free Meditation Retreats
Vipassana meditation as taught by S.N. Goenka means to see things as they really are. It’s one of India’s most ancient meditation techniques and was taught more than 2500 years ago as a universal remedy for illness.
The international organization of Vipassana Meditaiton teaches a ten day residential course during which participants learn the basics of the method and practice during the days at the retreat. The retreat is absolutely free as previous participants basically donate to sponsor your participation. At the end of the retreat though, you can give a donation to help with the cost of the teachers and your stay.
Some important things for you to know are: during the retreat there is no talking, females sleep separate from men, the meals are vegetarian, you must bring conservative and comfortable clothing with you, and the retreats are held all around the world.
To learn more about these retreats, see a sample schedule, and register for a meditation retreat near you, you can visit http://www.dhamma.org/en/qanda.shtml
How to Create a Meditation Retreat in Your Own Home
Many people use binaural beats and specific programs to establish a meditation retreat in their own home. This comes in really handy for them because they do not have to leave their house, don’t have to take time off work, and don’t have to spend very much money doing it. A good way to begin this is by doing a full day meditation retreat with as many people as you feel comfortable in your home. The majority of people start with 6 to 8 hours of specific types of meditation techniques and move from there.
If you are new to meditation and would like to learn more about it in depth, consider reading my review on Living Liberation, a 7 week online meditation course.You should also consider using the law of attraction software which might benefit you in bringing to you the people you need most in your life as well as other benefits.
Have you ever attended a meditation retreat? What type of meditation technique did you practice while there? Was your meditation experience different doing it with other people around you? Did you feel energy when you meditated?
| Thanks for visiting! Make sure to check out En Route! The No Fuss Road Map to Driving Your Life in a New Direction and our recommended Spiritual Resources and get a free binaural beats sample!
Meditation led me to my life path as an Integrated Executive Life Coach. I now help others gain more clarity on their passions, reach their goals, and overcome obstacles through my book and one on one telephone coaching. If you'd like to work with me, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
If you found this interesting, here are some similar post below. You can also use the dropdown menu menu and search bar at the top of the website or look through our sitemap
- The Big List of Free Guided Meditation Videos The Big List of Free Guided Meditations Guided Meditation Videos Several people have asked me to suggest guided meditations for various purposes. The great news is that there are tons of websites out there that...
- Step 2- Using FREE Software to Mix Binaural Beats into Your Guided Meditations Step 2- Using FREE Software to Mix Binaural Beats into Your Guided Meditations Binaural Beats and Guided Meditations Back to Step 1… Ok… now we’re really getting somewhere. We’ve downloaded our guided meditation and extracted...
- Free Guided Meditation to Awaken the Light Inside of Yourself A Free Guided Meditation to Awaken the Light Inside of Yourself A Guided Meditation to Turn on the Light Inside of Yourself Awaken Radiance Look within. There is a light within you that is...
- Free Guided Meditation for Inner Strength Free Guided Meditation for Inner Strength Free Guided Meditation for Inner Strength Throughout the Day This is a free guided meditation intended to develop your intuition and your trust in it. The more frequently you...
- Free Audio Guided Meditations Online Free Audio Guided Meditations Online Free Guided Meditations in Audio Format I have personally witnessed the power and ease of using and following guided meditations. As a matter of fact, I used them almost daily...