The Six Most Powerful Meditation Techniques
This article discusses powerful meditation techniques to increase your success and peace of mind. You can also find out of alternative ways in which you can increase your personal and professional success.
Six Most Powerful Meditation Types
By John Gunn
It is a bit daunting to try to confine meditation types in a particular number, as there are so many of them, however there are a few most common and most important that are worth mentioning here.
1. Mindfulness meditation
Mindfulness is simply a meditation way which allows you to become more aware of the here and the now, i.e. being in the now. You focus on what is going on around you at the time you are meditating, and you become aware of every thought and feeling that you have during the meditation process. The way to do this is by following your breat, then moving your full attention to your thoughts, the feelings you have in your body (e.g. tingling in your fingers, tickling of your nose, etc). What you must do is simply becoming an observer, without analyzing or judging.
2. Empty mind meditation
This type of meditation is called ‘awareness without an object’, which means being aware without focusing on something particular. You simply sit still, if possible in the lotus position and just let your mind wander on its own. Let it go silent. If you feel thought coming up, just simply acknowledge them, and let them evaporate, without judging them.
3. Watching your breath meditation
Maybe this is the easiest type of meditation, that a newbie can start out with, without becoming overwhelmed.
Sit in your favorite position, close your eyes and focus on your breathing. Breath normally, don’t force it, and focus on your breathing. Pay attention to how the air is going through your nose, down to your lungs, and then how the process is reversed.
4. The Om meditation
You can actually use here either the ‘om’ or simply concentrate on another specific mantra, like a positive reinforcement. Just keep repeating it while you meditate, if possible aound, or in your head if you’re not alone.
5. Concept meditation
This means you will meditate on an idea, a particular concept like the fleeting nature of life, or anything else, that is not very specific. You could contemplate on how a flower blooms and then it fades away, for example. Basically this technique bypasses your rational mind, and gives you a different type of understanding.
6. Walking meditation
Another very powerful and known meditation type. You can practice this type of meditation either in your own room, or outside on your patio, or garden. Just watch your body as it moves its different parts one at a time, or in tandem. Watch your legs and arms swinging by. Focus on these, and if you catch your mind wandering off, just gently bring it back to focusing on your walking. Do not judge, just simply allow it to happen and return to meditation.
There are many more meditation types, and if you want to read more about the others, you can find more on my meditation blog at http://meditationtypes.com/
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=John_Gunn
What meditation technique have you tried out? Do you practice it regularly? How has it affected you so far?
The above are very powerful meditation techniques to increase your success, you can also find out of alternative ways in which you can increase your personal and professional success.
| Thanks for visiting! Make sure to check out En Route! The No Fuss Road Map to Driving Your Life in a New Direction and our recommended Spiritual Resources and get a free binaural beats sample!
Meditation led me to my life path as an Integrated Executive Life Coach. I now help others gain more clarity on their passions, reach their goals, and overcome obstacles through my book and one on one telephone coaching. If you'd like to work with me, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
If you found this interesting, here are some similar post below. You can also use the dropdown menu menu and search bar at the top of the website or look through our sitemap
- 8 Basic and 5 Lesser Known Benefits of Meditation There is a multitude of benefits brought about from regular meditation. Learn the top 8 benefits and 5 lesser known benefits....
- 3 Meditation Techniques for Beginners Read 3 Basic Meditation Techniques for beginners that you can do right away. Let us know which one you preferred and what obstacles are keeping you from starting to meditate or to meditate more regularly....
- The Most Powerful Meditation Technique to Open The Third Eye Chakra This article will teach you the most powerful chakra meditation technique for opening your third eye chakra....
- What is Core Energy Meditation? Read of a meditation technique that helps you discover who you are and what exactly you are here to do. This meditation technique generates positive feelings not just using your brain energy but affecting your...
- Meditation and Concentration Meditation and Concentration Meditation and Concentration Most types of meditation techniques involve either inner concentration or receptive awareness. Some types of meditation techniques involve both. The majority of meditation techniques involve concentration as the primary...